- Organisations (as a training option to assist personnel with more skillful responses to stress);
- Health practitioners (practitioners who would like to integrate mindfulness in their work and practices). Please enquire about CPD points.
“The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little.” Jon Kabat-Zinn
People participate for different reasons:
- Stress and stress-related difficulties.
- Chronic pain.
- Anxiety and panic.
- Lifestyle change and lifestyle illnesses (for example high blood pressure).
- To live more mindfully and with more ease.
Programme dates for 2019
The first 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programme starts on 19 February and continues every Tuesday (18.00-20.00) until 9 April 2019. It includes a full day on Saturday 30 March.
The second 8-week programme starts on 7 May and continues every Thursday (18.00-20.00) until 25 June 2019. It includes a full day on Saturday 15 May.
The third programme of 2019 starts on 6 August 13 September and continues every Thursday (18.00-20.00) until 26 September 2019. It includes a full day on Saturday 14 September.
Participants do home practice in between the weekly sessions.
Venue: 525 Chopin Street, Constantia Park, Pretoria. This is a corner stand and the entrance is not in Chopin, but in Douglas Green Street. It is on the Eastern side of Medicross.
Cost: R 3200. The payment is due in full before the start of the programme, unless you arrange a payment plan. Everyone participates in a ‘bring-and-eat’ on the full day.
Facilitator: Hettie Mathie. Read more…
Please note that if there is a sufficient number of people who would like to do an 8-week Mindful Self-compassion programme, that this can be arranged. Medical students from Sefakho Makgatho Health University currently attend this programme.
“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” Mother Teresa.