Research shows that the many benefits of meditation and the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme include:
- Better coping with stressful and difficult situations.
- Improved ability to relax.
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life.
- Taking better care of yourself.
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms.
- Handling chronic pain with more ease.
- Improved quality of life and mood… Read more…
Mindfulness is awareness of our present experience, without our usual judgement. We notice what is happening in our body, mind and emotions, acknowledge whether these are pleasant or unpleasant and choose to respond rather than letting our experiences sweep us away.
How participants learn mindfulness and meditation:
The standard mindfulness (MBSR) programme is an eight-week programme. The nine sessions consist of eight weekly classes of two hours each, as well as a full day retreat on a Saturday. Participants do home practice in between the weekly class sessions. This creates a systematic process of learning and builds more skillful habits.
Sessions are highly experiential and practical. Participants learn various mindfulness and meditation practices, as well as get information on stress, emotion regulation, resilience and other relevant concepts.
Where: Pretoria East, just off Garsfontein Road in Constantia Park.
Specific needs: Where special needs exist , individual and customised sessions can be done.